Homeowners with heat pumps who live in Kitchener-Waterloo, Guelph and Cambridge can count on Delta for heat pump service and repair. We’ve been providing quality HVAC services to area residents for over 65 years. We don’t just service furnaces and air conditioners, we also sell and service heat pumps. Delta’s licensed technicians will ensure your heat pumps are properly maintained and always in good repair.
Emergency Heat Pump Repair
Sudden breakdowns of your heating system constitute an emergency. When you and your family are without heat in the middle of winter, that’s an emergency. Delta offers emergency heat pump repair services. We’re ready to respond to your emergency repair request as we have technicians on call 24/7.
Heat Pump Maintenance
Heat pumps need routine maintenance to keep them functioning well. While they are versatile systems that require very little from you, they do need preventative maintenance on a yearly basis. Make sure you schedule annual preventative maintenance to ensure your heat pump runs smoothly and efficiently. Heat pumps also have filters that need to be changed regularly. As long as you stay on top of the required maintenance, your heat pump will last a long time and perform as expected.
How to Operate and Maintain a Heat Pump
The proper operation and maintenance of your heat pump are crucial to maintaining its efficiency and effectiveness. There are ways to use your heat pump and ways not to use your heat pump.
Tips for using your heat pump to maximize efficiency and effectiveness:
- Don’t use a drastic setback temperature as this may force your heat pump to run harder to get back up to temperature.
- Maintain a consistent temperature so you don’t cause your backup heat source to kick in unnecessarily.
- Make sure your HVAC technician has installed a programmable thermostat with multistage functions that are suitable for your heat pump.
It’s just as important to maintain your heat pump as it is to operate it properly. In addition to scheduling annual maintenance, perform the following maintenance:
- Clean or change filters once a month on the indoor unit(s) or as needed.
- Follow the manufacturer’s instructions for maintenance.
- Clean the outdoor coils when they appear to be dirty.
- Keep snow from building up around the outdoor unit.
- Clean the supply and return registers in your home as needed.
Why Is My Mini-Split AC Not Cooling?
If your mini-split AC isn’t blowing cool air, it could be due to a few different things. Before calling Delta for professional advice, troubleshoot the problem yourself using these tips.
- Check the air filter. Clean your air filter at least once every 90 days.
- Check the outdoor unit. Make sure it’s clean and free of obstructions.
- Check the power. Confirm that the breaker to the outdoor unit is on.
If none of these are the cause, call Delta for diagnosis and repair. A mini-split AC that’s not cooling could be caused by a refrigerant leak and this requires professional attention. There could be other problems with your unit, as well.