Delta Air Systems would like to remind homeowners that regular servicing of your heating and air conditioning equipment is as essential as an oil change to your vehicle.
Safe and proper operation of the equipment is one of the many reasons why annual planned maintenance is so important. There are many components in your furnace and air conditioner and some of them may not be working to their optimum potential.
Many furnaces have not been cleaned since installation and this affects the operation of the unit. It causes the unit to work harder and wastes fuel. 10 to 20% can be saved just by having a service check on your unit which, over the years, can really add up!
Emergency Furnace Repair
Here at Delta Air Systems, we know that furnace breakdowns don’t always happen between 9 and 5, and that you need dependable and reliable service even when it’s inconvenient. That’s why we offer 24-hour emergency heating & cooling repair services in Kitchener-Waterloo, Cambridge, Guelph Areas. If your furnace isn’t sounding right, your rooms aren’t heating up or you have no heat at all, Delta Air Systems can help! Our fully licensed technicians can diagnose and repair all furnace makes and models.
Hoping to avoid expensive furnace problems? Routine maintenance from Delta Air Systems can help! Save yourself time and money knowing that your furnace is getting the best seasonal maintenance possible by professional technicians. While regular furnace cleaning and maintenance helps to prevent problems, it also keeps your furnace operating efficiently. An efficient furnace reduces energy waste which means lower utility bills!
How to Tell if Your Furnace Needs Repair
You will know that your furnace is in need of repair if you notice any of the following:
When the air blowing out from your vents is weak, it might be due to a clogged air filter, a malfunctioning blower motor, or obstructed ductwork. It’s often a sign that something is wrong and you should call for professional furnace repair.
Sounds like banging, rattling, grinding, or screeching are not normal. It could be an indication of underlying problems within components such as the blower motor, bearings, or ignition system. These noises can provide early warning signs that something requires attention.
If you notice uncommon odours, such as a burning scent or a sulphur-like smell, it may be because of issues with your furnace’s internal components or even potential safety hazards. Do not ignore these odours. They typically warrant immediate investigation.
The air coming from your vents should not be cool or cold. If it is, it could be due to a faulty ignition system, a broken thermocouple, or other underlying problems. Call Delta for furnace service. (519) 885-2640
A short-cycling furnace (turning on and off more frequently than usual), can indicate issues with the thermostat, blower motor, or other internal components. This irregular cycling can impact the furnace’s efficiency and overall performance. Call Delta for professional furnace repair if your furnace is short-cycling.
If there’s an increase in dust, dirt, or allergens circulating within your home, it might mean there’s a problem with the furnace’s air filtration system. Your HVAC technician can address this and get your air quality back to normal.
An abrupt increase in energy costs without a substantial change in usage patterns may suggest a decline in your furnace’s efficiency. This can arise from problems such as dirty filters, malfunctioning components, or compromised airflow. Furnace service may help resolve this.
If certain rooms feel notably colder than others or if you notice inconsistent temperature levels throughout your home, it could be an indication that your furnace is struggling to distribute heat evenly. Addressing this promptly helps maintain a comfortable living environment.
Furnace Maintenance Tips
- Change the filter as required. This is one of the most important tasks. Replace or clean your furnace’s air filter every 1-3 months for 1 inch filter, and every 8-12 months for a 5 inch filter, depending on filter type and your home’s air quality. A clean filter improves airflow and energy efficiency.
- Check the vents and registers. Ensure that vents and registers are not blocked by furniture, rugs, or debris. Keep them clean. Proper airflow helps the furnace work efficiently.
- Keep the area around the furnace clean. Ensure the area around the furnace is clean and clutter-free. Remove any flammable materials and provide enough space for proper ventilation.
- Call for repair as soon as possible. If you notice anything unusual, such as inconsistent heating, frequent cycling, or unusual noises, call for repair immediately. Prompt repairs help ensure your furnace is safe and efficient.
- Change the thermostat batteries. If your thermostat isn’t hardwired, don’t forget to change the batteries annually or whenever the battery indicator shows a low level. This is a good time to check carbon monoxide detectors as well.
- Schedule annual maintenance. Regular professional maintenance is crucial for your furnace’s longevity and performance. Schedule an annual furnace maintenance appointment with a certified HVAC technician.
Benefits of Annual Furnace Maintenance
Save Money On Utility Bills
A maintained furnace will be more energy efficient, which means you may see a decrease in your monthly costs to heat your home. Over time, the savings can really add up, especially during those colder winter months!
Increase Furnace Lifespan
When your heating system runs more efficiently, there will be less wear and tear, meaning it will likely remain operational for longer.
Help Prevent Costly Repairs
During a furnace inspection, our technicians will be able to uncover issues that may become worse if left unattended to. If problems are fixed now, it may just save you from having to pay for a major repair later on!
More Effective Comfort
Small issues can cause your furnace to work harder. Furnaces that see regular tune-ups will be more effective in heating your home!
Delta Protection Plans
Investing in a furnace protection plan is one of the best ways to save money and keep your furnace healthy with regular service. With Delta’s three individual protection plans, you’re bound to find a protection plan that offers what you need in your budget. Every Delta protection plan comes with several perks including a free annual certified inspection of your furnace, as well as discounts on services.