Enbridge Heat Pump Rebates
Installing a heat pump doesn’t have to be so expensive. There are a variety of rebates and programs available that can help reduce the upfront cost of the installation of a heat pump in your home. You can save on installing your heat pump by taking advantage of grants and rebates from the Canadian government and Enbridge Gas.
Save Money on Heat Pumps with the HER+ Program
Enbridge Gas has teamed up with the Canadian government and their Canada Greener Homes Grant to co-deliver the Home Efficiency Rebate Plus (HER+) program. Through this program, eligible Canadians and Enbridge customers can qualify for up to $7,100 back on eligible ENERGY STAR® certified heat pumps.
The program offers Canadian homeowners who are also Enbridge customers up to $6,500 towards qualifying heat pumps plus $600 for the required EnerGuide home evaluation. Canadian homeowners who are not Enbridge customers can qualify for up to $5,600 back and $600 for the EnerGuide evaluation.
Eligible Canadian homeowners can apply for both the Canada Greener Homes Grant and Enbridge rebates in the same application.
All Ontario homeowners qualify for the HER+ program except:
- Owners not currently living on the premises and the home does not have an active Enbridge Gas account.
- Homeowners that have already started work on the upgrades before they conducted a pre-retrofit energy assessment.
- Homeowners whose home was built less than 6 months ago.
- Homeowners whose home is part of a cooperative or a multi-unit residential building (MURB) with more than 3 storeys or a footprint bigger than 600m2.
- Less than 50 percent of the building is residential living space.
- Homeowners who have already taken advantage of the Home Efficiency Rebate (HER) or Canada Greener Homes Grant (CGHG) programs and maxed out their rebates.
Waterloo & Cambridge Residents
Residents of Waterloo and Cambridge who are Enbridge customers can qualify for the HER+ grant – up to $7,100.
Residents of Kitchener can only apply for the Canada Greener Homes Grant ($5,600). Kitchener residents do not qualify for the HER+ because they are not customers of Enbridge Gas.
The properties that are eligible for the HER+ program include:
- Single and semi-detached homes
- Row housing
- Mobile homes on a permanent foundation
- Permanently moored floating homes
- Mixed-use residential buildings (must be at least 50% residential)
- Low-rise multi-unit residential buildings (MURBs) (three storeys or less with a footprint of 600 m2 or less).
You can use the funding for eligible upgrades including:
- Heat pumps
- Heat pump water heaters
- Smart thermostats
If your properly follow the guidelines listed above you will be eligible for these reimbursements:
- Reimbursements for the implementation of eligible retrofits done after December 1, 2020 (up to $6,500)
- Reimbursement for your pre and post EnerGuide evaluations (up to $600)