Ductless Repair & Maintenance Experts
When your ductless AC or heat pump stops functioning properly, you’ll want an experienced professional’s help to make sure the problem doesn’t quickly get worse. That’s where Delta Air Systems comes in. As an established HVAC company in Kitchener-Waterloo, ON, we have the tools and skills to provide you with accurate, cost-effective repair and maintenance services for your ductless system.
Emergency Ductless AC & Heat Pump Repair
If you experience a sudden and unexpected breakdown of your ductless AC or heat pump, don’t panic. Our experts will be able to diagnose, repair, and service your system quickly and efficiently, getting you back to having a comfortable home.
Ductless AC & Heat Pump Maintenance
Annual maintenance for your ductless system helps reduce energy and repair costs as well as maintain the warranty of your system. A Delta technician will inspect, clean, and diagnose any issues within your heat pump to make sure your system is working properly and has no signs of any future breakdowns.
Ductless Mini-Split Maintenance Tips
Maintaining your ductless mini-split can help you save money on energy and repairs as well as prolong the life of your system. For the best maintenance practices, follow these simple tips:
- Make sure your unit has at least four feet of clearance in every direction, aside from the wall, to keep it running at its best.
- Keep your outdoor unit uncluttered and free from leaves, dirt, twigs, and other natural debris
- Clean filters regularly–Although the filters are reusable, over time they can become damaged and difficult to clean effectively, so it’s a good idea to take note of their condition. Based on use, you may need to check them as often as once per month.
- Keep snow and ice from forming on or around your outdoor system
- Call for preventative maintenance every year
Why is my Mini-Split AC not Cooling?
There are several reasons why your mini-split AC may not be cooling your home adequately, or not at all. If you notice that your mini-split isn’t working as effectively as it should, it could be due to one of the following reasons:
- Dirty air filter
- Leaking refrigerant
- Tripped breaker
If your mini-split is not operating properly and not keeping your home cool, there are several signs that may indicate it’s time to call for professional repair. These signs include:
- Short cycling
- Strange sounds from your mini-split
- Unusual smells from your mini-split
- Water or ice on or around your unit
- Higher than usual monthly energy bills
Benefits of a Protection Plan for your Ductless System
For the best deal on repair parts, replacement costs, installation, maintenance, and priority emergency repairs, invest in one of Delta’s three levels of protection plans. Each plan includes free annual maintenance, labour and part discounts, and priority emergency repairs.